District Convergence Facilitation Centre Pilot at Jaintia Hills
- Govt. of India(NMEW) has approved and sanctioned an amount of Rs. 15.00 lakhs during 2012 - 13 for Jaintia Hills District for setting up of the District Pilot convergence and Facilitation Centre (DCFC), Block Convergence and Facilitation Centre(BCFC) and Village Convergence and Facilitation Centre( VCFC).
- District Convergence and Facilitation Centre will serve as a single window for information on Governmnet programmes/schemes and services impacting women at District Level
- DCFC will work with women centres at the Block/ Village level to analyse the social, economic and political factors that hinders women empowerment.
- DCFC will highlight these issues in forums headed by the Deputy Commissioner (DC), law enforcement agencies, quassi government bodies, National Commission for women (NCW) and State Commission for women (SCW) etc.
- DCFC will utilize opportunities to collaborate with CSOs, NGOs/SHGs educational/ research institutiions for bringing womens issues on larger forums to create larger impact.
- The District Convergence and Facilitation Centre (DCFC) has been fully operationalised since August 2013 at Jowai, Jaintia Hills.