Activities/ Action taken by SRCW upto March 2013
- Collaboration with NGOs (Indian Council for Child Welfare) as partner in the awareness programme on "Adolescence Health and Teen age Pregnancy Related Issues" and "Basic Rights of women with special emphasis on Health and Education" held at Shillong and Ri Bhoi District respectively.
- Coordinate with All India Radio Shillong in the 'Women's programme to highlight on "Violence and Crime against Women and the roll of NGOs and Civil Society to create awareness and Legal Rights" by giving a talk in local language for the benefit of Urban and Rural Community with special empbasis on Women folk.
- Meeting with Senior Project Advisor National Mission for Empowerment of Women Govt. of India Ms. Devika Singh on 2nd November, 2012. The Senior Project Advisor National Mission for Empowerment of Women also met and had a discussion with the Principal Secretary Social Welfare Social Welfare and Secretary Social Welfare Meghalaya on 5th November, 2012.
- Regional Conference on Empowerment of women - "An Instrument for poverty alleviation" was held at Shillong on 16th November 2012. The Regional conference was sponsored by National Commission for women.
- To identify areas for research on women's issues and initiate steps to conduct the studies (it will involve partnering and coordinating with other agencies involved in similar work to avoid duplication).
- To develop and implement the training & capacity building strategy of NMEW in the State. The strategy needs to factor in the requirements of diverse stakeholders (elected representatives. government officers, staffs including field functionaries, women's collective members and individuals), training needs (sensitization. awareness generation. technical skins, behavioral changes), modalities (either directly or through agencies) etc. (NRCW will provide technical inputs and some standard traming modules, however SRCW will have the responsibility for implementation).
- To design and implement the Information Education and Communication (IEC) strategy to generate awareness about issues facing women including } 'patriarchal beliefs' that impedes all round development of women.
- To carry out public service campaign, workshops, awareness generation about the different programmes/schemes through suitable media strategy to achieve the mission objectives.
- To develop strategies for enhancing livelihood options for women using the women collectives including promoting SHG federations, producer companies of women etc.
- To create knowledge partners consisting of experts/organizations working on women empowerment issues to assist the SRCW by setting up formal/informal groups. pbe group could consist of experts from CSOs, research and academic institutions, international NGOs, etc in the State).
- To identify best practices (Government CSO, PRI) in various sectoral areas like health, education, microfinance, livelihoods, etc from a gender perspective, document initiatives and disseminate within the State.
- To facilitate the implementation of convergence model centres for providing convergent delivery of Government schemes including setting up various institutional structures at the district, block and village level This will involve planning, coordination hand holding, capacity building and supervision of the agencies/resource persons involved in operationalizing the structures.
- To undertake innovative measures and practices to promote convergence and coordination of schemes, programmes and services to Women at different levels. (State, District, Block and Village).
- To send regular reports on the operation of the project in the state to National Mission for Empowerment of Women, Govt. of India.
- To ensure regular review meetings are held at State, District, Tehsil and Village Levels to ensure effective monitoring of convergence efforts at the grassroot.